Iscar MILL4FEED is a family of fast feed milling tools that carry FFQ4 SOMT square single-sided indexable inserts with 4 cutting edges.
The tools are available in the following configurations:
FFQ4 - endmills in 22-35 mm diameters.
FFQ4-M - interchangeable milling heads with FLEXFIT adaptation in 22- 42 mm diameters.
FFQ4 - shell mills in 40-160 mm diameters.
The family is intended for productive rough milling of various materials in different industries such as die & mold, aerospace and automotive, and in general engineering.
The inserts are available in several sizes with five types of cutting geometries for optimal machining of the following materials in different cutting conditions:
FFQ4 SOMT...T for steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, different types of hardened cast iron and steel
FFQ4 SOMT...HP for austenitic stainless steel and high temperature alloys
FFQ4 SOMT...T20 for grey and nodular cast iron
FFQ4 SOMT...RM-T for interrupted cut and for machining near straight wall shoulders of steel, ferritic and martensitic stainless steel, cast iron and hardened steel
FFQ4 SOMT…RM-HP for interrupted cut and for machining near straight wall shoulders of austenitic stainless steel and high temperature alloys
- Positive axial rake angle
- Ramping down capability
- Internal coolant holes directed to each cutting edge
- Special protective coating for uninterrupted chip flow and protection from corrosion and wear
- Covers a wide range of applications including milling slots and pockets, cutting by helical interpolation, plunging and surface sculpturing
- Suitable for machining various workpiece materials
- Effective solution for productive rough milling